Master Scholarships in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
MESPOM is an Erasmus Mundus Masters course in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management operated by four leading European and two North American Universities and supported by the European Commission.
The MESPOM study programme is in English and lasts two years. The students study in at least three out of six consortium universities:
* International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics at Lund University (Sweden)
* University of Manchester (UK)
* Central European University (Budapest)
* University of the Aegean (Lesvos, Greece)
* Middlebury College and its affiliate Monterey Institute for International Studies (MIIS) (USA)
* University of Saskatchewan (UoS) (Canada)
* a good first degree in a subject related to environmental sciences, policy and management such as biology, geography, other earth sciences, civil engineering, urban or landscape planning, resource economics or specialised disciplines (environmental engineering, environmental management, environmental economics, environmental policy);
* candidates with other first degrees are also considered if they show commitment to environmental careers, usually through work experience;
* MESPOM invites applications from all countries;
* proficiency in English (Test of English as a Foreign Language- TOEFL)
Category A scholarships (EUR 48,000): students who are not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in the the EU/EEA-EFTA countries (including Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein);
Category B scholarships (EUR 23,00): all other students
All MESPOM applications should be made to Central European University in accordance with CEU Admission Requirements.
All candidates are required to fill in the CEU on-line application form and attach following documents:
1. Letters of recommendation
2. Academic records
3. A full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any
4. Department- and program-specific requirements (statement of purpose, research proposal, additional test scores, etc.)
5. Proof of English proficiency
Application deadlines is January 3, 2011 for the applicants seeking Erasmus Mundus scholarships types A and B or other financial assistance from the MESPOM Consortium or CEU (including fee waivers).
With any further inquiries about the admissions process and additional information contact the CEU Admission office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit official website.