Lesley Lillian Graham Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
This award was established by the will of Miss Lesley Lillian Graham to reward outstanding secondary student teachers majoring in English. The donated funds are to be used to assist a student studying towards becoming an English Teacher. The Lesley Lillian Graham Awards are open to fourth year students enrolled in either a Bachelor of Education (Secondary) or Bachelor of Arts (Education) / Bachelor of Arts and are majoring in English OR enrolled in a Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) with a curriculum study major in English Education.
Frequency: Two Installments of $2500; the first following confirmation of acceptance and the second (final) installment to be paid after census date – 31 August 2010, providing eligibility requirements have been met
Method: Electronic funds transfer
* Academic merit
* Demonstrated teaching ability
* Must be enrolled in one of the listed eligible ECU courses
Level of study:
* Undergraduate bachelor courses
* Postgraduate coursework
Year of study:
* 4th year
* Education and Arts
* Bachelor of Arts (Education)/Bachelor of Arts and are majoring in English
* Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) with a curriculum study major in English Education
* Full-time on-campus
* Australian citizen
* Australian permanent resident
Selection is based on academic merit, teaching ability and a personal statement outlining the reasons for choosing English Teaching as a career.
Application opening date: 15 April 2011
Application closing date: 29 April 2011
Visit official website.